We are committed to protecting your privacy so want to share the following information, which outlines the information we collect from you, how we use this information and your rights in relation to this.
We are committed to managing personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016 / 679 (GDPR) and in accordance with other applicable privacy laws.
Who We Are
When we refer to ‘we’ and ‘us’, this means Little Moves Brisbane Pty Ltd and any of its wholly-owned subsidiaries. When we refer to the Little Moves Material, this means the virtual dance lessons accessed through the subscription service on our website or through our app. Our ABN is 94 634 216 407 and we are based in Brisbane, Australia.
What personal data do we collect?
When you subscribe to our services or sign up for a free trial, we may collect the following information from you:
- Your name.
- Your child’s name.
- Your child’s age.
- Your child’s dance experience.
- Your email address.
- Your login details and password so you can sign in to our platform.
- Any information you voluntarily share with us when you interact with us via phone, email, social media or other forms of communication.
- Any other information you share with us as part of your membership.
- Your response to surveys, competitions and promotions.
- Your marketing preferences such as whether you’d like to receive communications from us.
- We may collect your address and shipping details if you purchase goods from our website.
Why do we store your personal data?
We want to give you the best experience possible when interacting with us and using the Little Moves Material. We collect data primarily to allow you to use our website and Material as well as enjoy the benefits of the material that accompany your membership with us.
Some of the reasons we store your data include:
- To allow you to use the Little Moves Material and allow us to provide all aspects of the Little Moves Material that you pay for with your membership.
- To provide information about our services including any exciting updates, competitions, promotions and marketing messages.
- To obtain feedback and opinions from you so we can continually improve the Little Moves Material.
- To record data and analytics that allow us to improve the Little Moves Material.
- To respond to data requests from you and to fulfil our commitments to data storage and freedom of information under the relevant governing agreements and regulations stated above.
- To allow us to effectively provide member services and respond to your complaints and enquiries.
- To allow you to sign up for and attend Ballet a Time events.
In addition, we may from time to time use some of your personal information for other purposes as below:
- For commercial purposes including allowing us to introduce new products and services.
- To detect and prevent abuse of our products and services by confirming your membership details.
- For relevant training purposes within Little Moves.
- To continually improve the relevance of our marketing materials.
- To fulfil our reporting obligations to any relevant tax and regulatory bodies.
- To share certain information with relevant third parties in order to provide services and marketing messages. We carefully check the privacy policies of any third parties we work with and take steps to limit misuse of your personal data.
- While most of our data in relation to you come from collecting it directly from yourself, we may from time to time work with third parties who assist us in our business. Your data is protected by their relevant privacy policies and we take steps to ensure that any data we collect is in line with relevant legislation and best practice.
When do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information when you visit our website or app when you sign up as a member, when you use our services and when you interact with us via phone, email or social media.
Examples of when we collect your personal information include:
- When you provide us with personal information during the sign up process for Little Moves.
- When you use the Little Moves Material.
- When you visit our website or use the app.
- When you sign up for or attend a Little Moves event.
- When you interact with us via social media whether you like our page, follow us on Instagram or interact with us in any way.
- When we process payments for your membership or in exchange for any other goods or services.
- When we collect your billing and shipping information so we can ship products to you.
- When you contact us via phone, email, letter or social media.
- When you agree to receive emails and marketing communications from us.
Cookies and web browsing
What types of cookies do we use?
We require certain types of cookies in order for our website to operate, for example, cookies that allow you to log into secure areas of our websites that require a membership.
We like to know how many members are on our site at any time, as well as where they are visiting from and which pages they visit. This allows us to create content that best suits your needs.
These cookies allow us to see your user journey so we can make this simple and easy for you. This allows us to customise your experience and our marketing activities so they are relevant to you.
Third party cookies
This refers to third-party cookies from companies such as Facebook and Google, which allow us to bring you offers and advertisements that might be of interest to you through those sites.
What can you do to control your cookies?
Some of the websites that let you control what information is collected about you are:
What happens when we’re unable to collect your personal information?
If we are unable to collect your personal data, we may not be able to fulfil our obligations to you including providing the services that make up the Little Moves Material.
We may not be able to provide you with goods and services, as well as answer enquiries about your membership or the goods and services we provide. Your experience when interacting with us may be delayed or not as efficient as we would like. We also will be unable to keep you informed of the latest updates, promotions, rewards, competitions and marketing messages.
How do we store your personal data?
We take every effort to store your personal data safely. We may hold your personal data either in electronic or hard copy form. When we store data electronically, this may be on our computer systems, databases, software programs, internet servers and hosted internet solutions.
We take every effort to keep your data safe in accordance with relevant government regulation and requirements. Our servers, computer systems and internet hosting are protected through necessary security systems including physical locks, firewalls, security systems and passwords.
When you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will no longer contact you with marketing messages. However, this will not remove your personal data from our systems. If you would like for us to completely remove your personal data, you can email [email protected] at any time.
How we share your data
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. However, we may share your data with our third-party partners for commercial purposes in relation to running our business. When this is done, our partners are obligated to only use your data for the reasons agreed with us and have committed to not misuse or sell your data in any way. Your personal data may be shared to the following partners:
- Our employees, contractors or service providers in the instance that this is necessary to provide goods and services to you.
- Our business advisors including accountants, lawyers and other business professionals where reasonably required for them to fulfil their obligations to us.
- Our business partners who collaborate with us to provide goods and services, as well as marketing messages.
- If required by law to any person or body authorised by such law.
How do we use your personal information for marketing purposes?
We may use your personal information to send you marketing messages as well as keep you updated on all things Little Moves. You can unsubscribe from these marketing messages at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in our marketing emails or by emailing us at [email protected]. Please note that it may take a few days for our systems to update ad you may inadvertently receive marketing messages while they update.
How you may access your personal data?
You have the right to access your personal data stored by us at any time. Please email [email protected] to make this request. Please note that it may take us a few days to collate all the personal data we have stored.
How long do we store your personal data?
We retain your personal information for as long as is needed for us to fulfil our obligations to you, for example to provide goods or services, or to provide marketing messages while you are subscribed. We may also need to store your personal data to comply with any tax or governing bodies. When we no longer need to store your data for these reasons, we will either delete or sufficiently anonymise it.
Do you disclose my personal information overseas?
Little Moves is based in Australia so the majority of our service providers are Australian based. However, we may from time to time collaborate with overseas partners. We only ever disclose your personal information outside the jurisdiction it was collected where we are permitted to do so under applicable privacy laws. This means that we have taken all necessary steps to keep your data safe as per the relevant privacy regulations.
If you believe we have breached our privacy rights at any time, please send us an email at [email protected] so our Privacy Officer can investigate and respond to you. All such enquiries or complaints will be taken seriously and handled with impartiality and discretion. If you wish to submit a complaint, please provide us with all relevant details such as the date and time of the incident or communication, the circumstances surrounding the event and your concerns about what was said or done.
If you have complained about something that is not covered in the relevant privacy laws, we will explain why we are unable to take further action. Please allow 7 days for us to investigate and respond to any privacy complaints.
If you have any other questions Please feel free to contact us at:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: The Privacy Officer
This policy was last updated on 25 March 2020.